Our Mentorship programThe Mentorship is a program designed for and defined by, relationship. And is for anyone looking for an enriched understanding of yoga, a deeper sense of belonging and purpose, or simply as a way to learn more about yourself. We welcome you on this journey into the embodied and soulful connection that is yoga.
1. Community & Connection
Fundamentally, we are relational beings. We all have a need to belong. And why fostering a sense of community and connection is one of our number one goals. So not only will we have weekly live sessions as a group, but also monthly one-on-one meetings, which will be designed around your personal needs and goals. Plus, we’ve created a dedicated group on Slack as a way to ask questions and connect further with your peers in the program.
BONUS! As part of our mentoring program, you’ll receive a free annual membership to The Path, including our bi-monthly journal, live classes, and monthly live gatherings.
2. Embodied MovementWe believe the body is home and it is our intention to help you feel more at home in yours. Therefore, when it comes to the physical practice, we take a more inside-out approach, focusing on the person, not the pose. So don’t expect us to offer just one way of doing anything, or stick to textbook ideas of alignment. Instead, we will explore the shapes using felt-sense and breath as our primary guides, as well as individual experience. In addition, we will look at the function and energetic qualities and how the postures are connected to the practice as a whole.
Weekly Saturday sessions will be on Saturdays at 2 pm MST, and led classes on Friday mornings at 8 am MST. Both will be recorded for those unable to make the live sessions.
3. Soulful Living
Yoga is a method for Self realization, putting us in touch with our soul’s innate knowingness. And so part of our roles as mentors will be to help facilitate this self exploration and inquiry beyond the āsana practice.
In part, we will do this through additional coursework containing various psychological and spiritual perspectives for study along with journal prompts for reflection. But also, by encouraging you to listen and follow what’s in your heart. For it’s truly in doing what we love that awakens us to our greatest potential and purpose.
Sharing our love with you
Building soulful relationships, fostering a journey that moves us toward wholeness, in communion with others and ourselves – this is what WE love!
Nevertheless, we do recognize that a whole year is a huge undertaking. And so, we’ve split the program into two parts, with a break in-between, to make this experience more digestible and doable.
2023 Spring Session: Restoring Our Roots
February 3 - June 10 (18 wks)
We will begin the spring session from the ground up, with learning rooted in the physical, emotional, and energetic body. Topics will include:
- The Earth Element: The Body as Home
- Ritual, Routine, and Repetition: A Cumulative Process for Grounding
- Back to Basics: Revisiting Yoga’s Fundamental Postures
- The Root Chakra: The Makings of a Safe Space
- Standing Strong: A Focus on Feet and Legs
- Creating Stability in Hips and Shoulders
- Behavior as Beliefs: Examining the Unconscious in Action
- The Water Element: Absorption in Movement and Moment
- The Second Chakra: Connecting with Our Emotional Core
- Balance: The Foundation for Longevity
- Boundaries as Mudras: Protecting Our Sacred Energy
- The Value of Trauma-Informed Wisdom
- The Fire Element: Transforming Passion into Purpose
- TheThird Chakra: Ego as Identity
- Shame and Guilt: The Toxins of Comparison
- Building Confidence: The Importance of Play
- Power Dynamics: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- The Heart: Love as the Force that Connects
2023 Fall Session: Lifting the Veil
August 11 - December 16 (18 wks)
In this session, we will explore more of the subtle body, expanding our focus to etheric and mystical realms. Topics will include:
- The Element of Air: To Be Inspired and Uplifted
- Pranayama: The Fundamentals of a Breathing Practice
- The Animation of Asana: An Inside Job
- The Heart Chakra: Love as Courage
- Backbends: Replacing the Bend with Expansion and Breadth
- Yoga as a Paradoxical Practice: Creating Harmony through Opposing Forces
- The Throat Chakra: Verbal Cuing and Getting Clear with Our Language
- Chanting & Mantra: The Medicine of Sound
- Behavior as Beliefs: The Body Doesn’t Lie
- Intuition and Imagination: Developing the Sixth Chakra
- An Exploration of Archetypes
- The Element of Space: The Danger in Playing Small
- Meditation and Prayer as Exercises in Listening
- Awareness and Focus: Strengthening the Muscles of the Mind
- Compassion as Clarity: Seeing Through Another’s Eyes
- Self-Knowledge: Shining a Light Into the Unconscious
- Spiritual Fishing: A Game of Hide and Seek
- The Wisdom of Empty: Why it’s Okay Not to Know
"*" indicates required fields